Yellow jacket sting are wasps which will have black and yellow stripes over their body. But, people by mistake call them as bees because of the similar appearance and size. These insects are seen very often searching for food and until and unless they are threatened physically they do not sting. If those insects feel that their nest is in danger then they try to defend it and in this process it would attack the people around it.
The sting made by the yellow jacket is very painful and every insect is capable of making multiple stings. A small sting can cause swelling, redness, itching, inflammation and pain in the area that is affected. Such small stings can be treated with the ingredients available in the home as a basic first aid. So after share about home remedies for mosquito bites and also Get Rid of Fleas now we are talking about this.
Home Remedies for Yellow Jacket Stings
There is also a chance that this yellow jacket stings could lead to rigorous allergic reactions in some people which causes the symptoms such as slurred speech, weakness, difficulty in swallowing and breathing, tongue swelling, tightness in chest, fainting and vomiting etc. If the people experience any of these symptoms they are advised to seek the medical help immediately. With proper treatment the stings made by yellow jackets can be collapsed in 24 to 72 hours. For relief from the symptoms quickly, people can try using the natural home remedies for the treat yellow jacket stings.
Backing soda is one of the effective home remedies for the yellow jacket stings. It is good even more than neutralizing the odors of a fridge which means the alkaline nature of the baking soda helps in neutralizing the venom of the bites made by yellow jackets. Baking soda paste will give the instant relief from pain as well as itching. As it is an anti-inflammatory agent, it can also reduce swelling, redness and inflammation. So, make the baking soda paste apply it on the affected area in the following way.
- Make a paste of baking soda and for this take one tbsp of baking soda and mix it with little amount of water.
- Apply this paste on the affected place and leave the paste for atleast 5 to 10 minutes.
- Clean the area with lukewarm water or the room temperature water and repeat the process if needed after few hours.
Honey is one of the great ingredients that give instant relief from the yellow jacket stings symptoms. The anti-bacterial properties present in the honey helps in preventing the infection and the enzymes present in the honey helps in neutralizing the venom at the affected area which helps in reducing itching as well as pain in just few minutes. Make use of this home remedy in the following method.
- Take pure raw honey and spread it on the affected area.
- Leave it for nearly 30 minutes or till the honey dries completely.
- Rinse of it with warm water and use this for few times every for at least 2 days.
- Add one tbsp of turmeric to honey for making a paste and apply the paste on the affected site.
- Allow the paste to dry and clean it with lukewarm water.
- Repeat the process for at least few times daily for couple of days.
Cold compress is one of the effective remedy for reducing itching and pain on the affected place. It can also reduce the inflammation and swelling by making the nerves numb. As per the study published in the clinical techniques in small animal practice reports of the year 2006, it is reported that the cool or ice compresses along with corticosteroid lotions or with topical lidocaine are vital in managing the yellow jacket stings successfully. Prepare the remedy and use it in the way as given below.
- Take a bowl with cool water and some ice cubes to it.
- Take a cloth and put in the bowl with water.
- Wring the excess water from the cloth and place it directly on the place that is affected.
- Leave the cloth on the affected site for at least 10 minutes.
- Wait for 15 minutes and repeat the process. Repeat it for few more times in first 24 hours to see the result.
Note that it is not recommended to put the ice directly on the affected place as it can lead to frostbite.
When you are affected with yellow jacket stings, activated charcoal is one of the useful remedy. The native absorption property of the activated charcoal helps in removing the toxic substance from the body. When the activated charcoal is used immediately, it will help in reducing pain and swelling. One can use this remedy as given below.
- Take an ordinary band-aid and rub the wet charcoal capsule over it till it is black completely. Apply this band-aid on the affected site. After 2 hours, replace it with the new one and do the same process if needed for few more times.
- Empty the contents of two to three activated charcoal capsules in to a small bowl and mix it with sufficient amount of water for making a smooth paste. Apply the paste on the site affected and leave it for few hours. Later rinse of it with lukewarm water. Do repeat it is necessary.
- Way to Get Rid of Skin Tag
- How to remove acrylic nails
People can make use of apple cider vinegar or white vinegar as remedy for the stings and bites made by insects and both are effective. With the acetic acid that is present in the vinegar it has anti-inflammatory properties which can reduce inflammation and swelling. It can also neutralize the acid present in the venom for giving instant relief from itching and pain.
- Mix one tbsp of apple cider vinegar or white vinegar with commercial meat tenderizer in the sufficient amount for making a smooth paste. Take the paste and spread it over the affected place for 30 minutes. Later clean it with lukewarm water and repeat the process if necessary.
- Take unfiltered apple cider vinegar or white vinegar and soak a cotton ball in it. Hold the cotton ball over the sting for 5 to 10 minutes and repeat it again if required.
It is also a good remedy for yellow jacket stings. Aspirin helps in neutralizing the venom for fast recovery from the symptoms of the yellow jacket stings. The anti-inflammatory properties of it can control swelling and pain. So, you can make use of the aspirin as mentioned below.
- Take two to three regular aspirin and add enough amount of water to it for making thin paste.
- Spread the paste on the area that is affected and wait until it dries out completely on its own.
- Later clean it off with lukewarm water and do the same process again if needed.
White toothpaste that is used in the daily activity for brushing the teeth can also be helpful when stung with yellow jackets. It can help in neutralizing the acidic venom and gives quick relief from swelling as well as pain caused by sting. You can use this white tooth paste as a good home remedy for the yellow jacket stings by following the below given steps.
- Take little amount of white toothpaste and dad it over the affected site.
- Allow the toothpaste to sit in the affected place for few hours.
- After rinse of the toothpaste from the area with slightly warm water.
- If necessary, you can repeat the processes again.
Make sure that you do not use any colored toothpaste, gel or whitening.
Many health experts recommend the plantain leaves because of its healing properties for the fast relief from the symptoms of the yellow jacket stings. The plantain leaves are also said to have anti-inflammatory properties that can reduce swelling, itching and pain cause by the yellow jacket stings. Along with that, the anti-bacterial property present in the plantain can also reduce the risk from causing the infection that delays the process of healing. So, do use the plantain as the effective home remedy for treating the stings of the yellow jackets with the help of the method given below.
- Take plantain leaves and extract the fresh juice out of it by crushing them with your hands gently.
- Take the juice that is extracted and apply it over the affected place.
- Allow the juice to dry out completely.
- Clean the affected area with slight warm water.
- Repeat the above given steps for atleast two to three times every day for two more days.
- You can also take over-the-counter plantain ointment and apply it on the affected site few times in a day for getting the quick recovery from the yellow jacket stings.
It is said that ammonia is alkaline in nature and it neutralizes the acidic toxins that are present in the venom of the yellow jackets and gives the instant relief from the symptoms of the yellow jacket stings. It can reduce itching and pain as well as stops the stinging sensation. The remedy can be used as follows. But before using the ammonia it is necessary to do a patch test to check whether if it gives you any reactions. If it does not give you any type of reactions, you can safely use the below remedy.
- Take a cotton ball and soak it in the straight home ammonia.
- Pat the cotton ball on the affected place.
- Repeat the same steps if necessary again.
Last but not least, onion is one more highly effective home remedy for treating the stings of the yellow jackets. It is effective in reducing the swelling and it also calms down the itching that is caused by the small insects. The strong smell of the onion can also repel the insects from reaching you and prevent them from making a sting again and again.
- Slice an onion and put one slice over the affected spot and wrap the slice of onion using gauze for holding it in the place.
- Leave it for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove the slice and rinse the area with lukewarm water.
- Repeat the steps again if necessary.
- Another option is that, take a slice of onion and rub it over the affected place for 2 minutes and allow the juice to show its effect.
- Allow the juice to sit over the affected spot for 15 minutes.
- Clean the area with lukewarm water.
- If required, do the process again for effective result.
These are the 10 best home remedies that one can try to get relief from the yellow jacket stings and its symptoms. So, people can give a basic try to any of these remedies and get relief from the stings. Hope now how to treat a yellow jacket sting is clear.